Monday, March 24, 2014

Cold Soba Noodles for Lunch

Why don't I make this every day?  So easy, and delicious.  I've been pretty good about packing lunch, but it tends to be leftovers or just a boring sandwich.  This needs to be at least a weekly habit.


Cold Soba Noodles with Baby Bok Choy, Shrimp, and Scallions



You can pretty easily find soba noodles in the Asian section of the grocery store.  If you can find the ones that are wrapped in little bundles, they work really well for getting the right portion.
 
Chop up your baby bok choy and scallions while you're waiting for the water to boil.  Bok choy can be cut just like celery.  When it is cut, separate the stalks from the leaves. 
 
I bought some pre-cooked shrimp just to save time.  All I had to do was remove the tails...and I didn't really have to do that, it was just my personal preference.
 
Once the water is boiling, toss in one bundle of soba noodles (about 3/4 inch diameter bundle of noodles) and the stalks of the bok choy and boil for 4 mintues.  Drain the noodles and bok choy, then place in your lunch container.  You can add pretty much whatever sauce you want- I added some fish sauce and tamari.  If I'd had mirin on hand, that would have gone in too. 
 
Now just arrange your bok choy leaves, scallions, and shrimp on top.  I also added a healthy dose of chili sauce. 
 
How easy was that? 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment