Monday, October 28, 2013

Lazy Saturday - Roasted Acorn Squash Soup

Still not feeling well on Saturday, but I had two acorn squashes that I was saving for the arrival of the oven.  Soup sounded easy and comforting with my sore throat/cough. 

I washed my hands a TON.


Roasted Acorn Squash Soup

Two Acorn Squashes - cut into strips
1/2 cup of cream
1/2 cup of white wine
1 cup of water
4 Tbs butter
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 Tbs red curry powder
1 Tbs coriander powder
1 Tbs ground ginger (I could have used fresh, but I wanted more curry flavor than ginger flavor)
Salt & Pepper to taste

Rub 2 Tbs of butter over the squash pieces and roast at 400 degrees for 30 minutes until you can cut with a fork.  Cool the squash until you can handle it and then remove the rinds.  Process in a food processor with the cream until smooth. 

Heat the remaining 2 Tbs of butter in a pan on the stove until it is melted and done frothing.  Add the garlic and cook until softened, but not brown (med-low heat).  Add the squash, water, wine, and spices.  Simmer for about an hour so the flavors meld together.  You can add more liquid if the soup gets too thick. 

You could garnish with some parsley or crispy shallots OR bacon!  That's what we did and the boys loved it.  :-)  I just crumbled half a strip of bacon over each bowl of soup.

We ate this with some delicious garlicky bread.  So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment