Friday, November 22, 2013

Ham and Egg Somen Noodle Lunch


 

There are noodles in there, I swear.

Ham and Egg Somen Noodles

Somen Noodles (they come wrapped in bundles- for lunch for 1, I used half a bundle which made a little less than a cup of noodles)
Ham, diced (about 1/4 cup)
1 Egg
1/3 of a cucumber, sliced into small pieces (about 1/4 cup)
1 Tbs tamari (or other soy sauce)
Sriracha to taste
Pepper to taste
a sprinkling of sesame seeds

Boil water and add noodles.  Cook for 2 minutes, then crack the egg right into the pot.  Boil for another minute or so.  My egg had a medium yolk at that point, which was exactly how I wanted it. 

Drain the noodles and the egg, add the tamari over the top (no need to stir).  Add the ham and cucumbers.  Coat everything with black pepper and sesame seeds.  Add as much or as little Sriracha as you like. 

Tasty, right?  The cucumber may seem like an odd choice, but it was nice to have a cool veg in with the heavier ham and egg.  Ideally, I would have added some radish, but radish I did not have...

I also ate a simple romaine salad.  I'm trying to get more leafy greens. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Shawna, wonderful site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the name of your site, too. I've been checking over your recipes, and they look great!

    ReplyDelete